4.19.2011

Keep swimmin

okay i'm lovin this song so listen to it while you read this

"the greatest barrier to success is the fear of failure."
the fear of failure is the number one thing i struggle with,
but am trying to push past it in my life right now.
usually i get so caught up with how i will feel if i fail at something,
 a lot of the times i freak myself out and don't go for things because i'm scared to fall.
my new theory in life right now is just pushing past that fear and
facing failure face to face and punching it square between the eyes. haha
try and fail, but don't fail to try
just keep swimmin.. ironic because i can't swim,
but keep kickin those legs and go for something, learning from
my failures has been some of the best experiences in my life.
it's hard if you struggle with this, but worth it when you finally do get success.
what are you afraid of?
at a dance convention a couple of months ago
we were learning a combo and the teacher said something
that has stuck with me since
after everyone had learned the combo and went on the floor
and tried it, he said "i know you all are better than that.
you are settling for what you think is "trying" because you are afraid to
really go for it.  What are you afraid of? being good?"
ha sounds silly when you say it out loud.
 sooooo ya... swim :)

3 comments:

  1. love it! so i hope this means you are still trying out for odysee? love you panda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stalk your blog. and I love you a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have felt the same over and over again. Always wanting to live my dream but the chance that it won't work out and you end up looking like a fool or something. But honest we will look like fools if we don't do it and try!

    ReplyDelete